About Uniondale Chamber of Commerce
The Uniondale Chamber of Commerce is “organized for the purposes of advancing the economic, industrial, professional, educational, cultural and civic welfare of Uniondale; furthermore, to encourage the growth of existing industries and businesses, while giving all proper assistance to any new firms or individuals seeking relocation to Uniondale. Additionally, the Chamber supports all activities believed to be beneficial to the community and greater Uniondale area and oppose those that may be detrimental.” (Article II, Section 1 Bylaws)
The Chamber champions and protects the principles of private and free enterprise before the Town of Hempstead, Nassau County, New York State, and Federal government, regulatory agencies, courts, and the court of public opinion.
Founded in 1955 the Uniondale Chamber of Commerce was dissolved and re-established under new by-laws in 1984. The Chamber was created to meet the needs of the hamlet’s growing commercial sectors north of Hempstead Turnpike along Charles Lindbergh Boulevard and up to Old Country Road, and support the anchor downtown business district along Uniondale Avenue, Front Street, Jerusalem Avenue, and Nassau Road in order to unite the two distinct areas and increase economic growth across the board.
The main purpose of the Chamber then and now is to solidify and optimize business revenue while safeguarding Uniondale’s historical significance, maintaining and protecting its land assets and contributing to the enhancement of the Long Island suburban lifestyle.